[c-nsp] Qos Sup2T disable trust globally ? ports untrusted by default ?

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:29:16 EDT 2012

>From the documentation:

7.1. Change in Default QoS Behavior
 Prior to Supervisor 2T, there was a single global command to enable or
disable QoS, which applied both at the PFC and port level. The major change
with QoS in a PFC4 system is the behavior of default QoS at the PFC level.
By default, QoS will be enabled in the PFC4, and there will only be a
global command option to enable or disable QoS at the port level. The main
changes can be broadly summarized as follows:

• No global CLI required to enable QoS in the box

• QoS for an interface is always defined by the attached service policies

• By default, packets are passed through without a change in DSCP, EXP, or
CoS for L2 packets or L2-classified L3 packets

• Service-policy marking does not depend on port trust

• The port state has no effect on marking, by default.
 The PFC3-based mls qos global command is replaced with the auto qos
defaultglobal command, which is used for enabling QoS just at the port
level and
not at the PFC level.