[c-nsp] Nexus 5596 - B22HP FCOE question

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Wed Jul 18 06:37:58 EDT 2012

Have you applied the QoS policies needed for FCoE?  What do your virtual FC interfaces show?  You should see something like vfc# is trunking with a VSAN up and the proper FCoE VLAN listed.

Here's an example of non SAN boot FCoE config:

interface Ethernet2/4
  description To esx4 CNA port1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,200,400-430
  spanning-tree port type edge trunk
  channel-group 124
!
interface vfc124
  bind interface port-channel124
  switchport trunk allowed vsan 100
  no shutdown

The SAN boot version is the same, except you bind to the Ethernet interface instead.

Have you already read this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10110/ps11975/guide_c07-686089.html#wp9000363

-ryan