[c-nsp] Route Aggregation and Deaggregation

Jennifer Pruett jennypruett88 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 01:28:55 EDT 2012

Good day!

Question for any BGP guru's; we have a couple of ASR routers as our border
routers which are advertising a few /19's. The question is not directly
related to the ASR hardware, but the
process and best practice of aggregating PI assigned space. If we advertise
our /19's via ISP1 and ISP2 and then introduce ISP3 and only advertise a
/24 from one
of the /19's, do we have to deaggregate the /19 that the /24 was pulled out
of to accommodate the /24 that we would advertise via ISP3? What are the
ramifications of
such actions?

Thanks for your time
Jen