[c-nsp] Route Aggregation and Deaggregation

Jennifer Pruett jennypruett88 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:25:46 EDT 2012

Thanks for the comments so far! I am too under the same logic; however, a
certain provider that provides traffic scrubbing (to remain anonymous) for
DoS attacks states that any prefixes that we announce to them for scrubbing
should be deaggregated from other providers so that no other providers
ultimately "blackhole" the traffic due to specific routing policies that
have been set forth internal to the providers network (i.e. Communities,
local pref, MEDs and such). It did not make much sense, as I understood it
as the longer prefix would be preferred. Additionally, I do not want to
send any additional noise to the global routing table by deaggregating,
there is too much of that now in my opinion. I am just not seeing the logic
of the statement that I should deaggregate. As long as others are in
consensus, then I am a happy camper.

Again, I thank you all for your input!

Jen