[c-nsp] Route Aggregation and Deaggregation

Jennifer Pruett jennypruett88 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:58:13 EDT 2012

Andrew,

Thank you for the feedback. The "Scrubbing" I am referring to is the
mitigation of DDoS attacks by re-routing the targeted prefix (In this case,
the longest I can advertise would be a /24) to be cleaned and then sent
back to me via ISP3. There are several providers that provide this service.
I hope this is what you are asking when you refer to "Scrubbing". So you
are stating I would need to advertise the /24 to ISP1 and ISP2 even though
it is matched by the /19. Would that not cause some traffic to be preferred
via ISP1 and ISP2 based on the BGP Best Path Selection Algorithm?

Thanks

Jen