[c-nsp] acl on bvi in ios xr (9k) 4.1.2

Tim Kleefass tim at haitabu.net
Mon Jul 23 09:58:55 EDT 2012

Hi Aaron,

On 23.07.2012 3:16 PM, Aaron wrote:
> Hi Tim, et al, why don't you have your bvi1 listed as a routed interface
> within that bg:bd ?
>
> l2vpn
>  bridge group EDFA
>   bridge-domain EDFA
> ? interface BVI1 ?

Sorry, copy and paste error.  Of course, the bvi1 interface is also in
the bridge-domain as "routed interface BVI1".

l2vpn
 bridge group EDFA
  bridge-domain EDFA
   interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/2
   !
   interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/3
   !
   routed interface BVI1
  !
 !
!

> Also, have you tested real traffic via those foo-out egress acls on those l2
> interfaces?

Yes, it works.  (But we have this setup only for management networks,
therefore I cannot say if there are strange caveats)

> I tried that the other day on my gig0/0/0/1.10 and I don't
> recall them working.  Am I the only one that thinks it's strange to add
> layer 3 packet filter acl's to a layer 2 transport/bridging interface?

I think that is strange, too, but it works...

-tim