[c-nsp] Broadcast storm Cisco Solution

Rich Trinkle rtrinkle at heartofiowa.coop
Thu Jul 26 12:07:39 EDT 2012

Thanks Nick.  I did some research on storm control.  If I set this up for broadcast and this happens again, all broadcast traffic stops on this port thus affecting all my subs.  Here is a quick breakdown:

Cisco 7206 - I have a vlan set up on a sub interface with a dhcp pool in it.  This Vlan is then trunked out to a 3750.
Cisco 3750 - From here it gets trunked out 3 different gig ports to Ethernet uplink cards (Tellabs AFC equipment) in different geographical locals and then gets dumped to shelves, adsl cards and then to sub.

The AFC equipment does not have the capability of controlling or monitoring for this type of excessive traffic.  In the event of a storm, or ddos attack, I'd like to be able to just isolate that mac or ip that's causing it and not affect any of the other subs on that dhcp network.

Rich