[c-nsp] simple link aggregation

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Jul 31 12:34:09 EDT 2012

On 07/31/2012 01:06 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> Cisco's hardware forwarding platforms only support deterministic hashed
> load sharing. What link member a specific packet uses is determined from
> L2, L3 or L4 information or a combination of these. The 3560 and 2970
> platforms support using L2 and/or L3 information:
>
> Switch(config)#port-channel load-balance ?
>    dst-ip       Dst IP Addr
>    dst-mac      Dst Mac Addr
>    src-dst-ip   Src XOR Dst IP Addr
>    src-dst-mac  Src XOR Dst Mac Addr
>    src-ip       Src IP Addr
>    src-mac      Src Mac Addr

Damm, you are right. My problem is that I have many pppoe subscribers on
one side of the link, talking to essentially 1 server. So if rr isn't an
option, then I would likely need to do load-balance per source mac on
the subscriber side and by dest mac on the server side.

Thanks for the rest of the info, thats enough to get me started.

Mike-