[c-nsp] ASR9000/RSP440 Console Issue

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:28:08 EDT 2012

So just to follow up on some things:

Log Messages:
 RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Jun  4 19:20:35.234 : devc-conaux[57]:
%MGBL-RS232-3-FRAMING_ERROR : The UART driver encountered an framing
error for Console port

Console Messages:
Invalid number(-92) sent as ASCII value to command-line process from
VTY/TTY, refreshing prompt.

I've applied asr9k-px-4.2.0.CSCtx89601.tar and /asr9k-px-4.2.0.CSCty98459.tar.

I also noted in the docs, Cisco says to use 8N2 (2 Stop Bits) instead
of 1.  Wow, this is the only thing I think I've ever seen that
requires that.  Didn't seem to make a difference.  I've also played
with flow control on and off.

Also:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/hardware/installation/guide/asr9kIGprep.html#wpmkr1101380
Before connecting a terminal to the console port, check the terminal
setting for the data transmission rate, in bits per second (bps). The
terminal transmission rate setting must match the default rate of the
RSP console port, which is 9600 bps. Set the terminal to these
operational values: 9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 2 stop bits
(9600 8N2).

TAC Case pending now...

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....