[c-nsp] ASR9000/RSP440 Console Issue

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:53:40 EDT 2012

Ok, I could have sworn I tested this but apparently I did not.

According to the docs, I should be using a straight through cable and
a configuration of 8N2 with no flow control at 9600.  It's odd that it
worked ok with the RSP4G but not with the RSP440.   First time I can
recall ever having to change the stop bits for console on some network
gear.  First time I've needed a straight thru cable for a Cisco box in
a loooong time too.

*shrug*

ASR9006 it should be straight thru, 9600, 8N2
ASR9001 it should be straight thru, 115200, 8N1

grumble grumble

Working fine now though, thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....