[c-nsp] m-vpn

adam vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon Jun 11 03:23:22 EDT 2012

I didn't came across any limitations/scalability issues running PIM to
distribute customer m-cast state did any of you please?
I'm a fan of the idea to let BGP carry everything, but I fail to see an
added value here (maybe PIC-Edge for m-cast?) And yet I'd still have to run
PIM at the edge
Also all this requires the upgrade of all the Intra/Inter AS RRs to support
the new SAFI
As far as the core signaling protocol is concerned MPLS-TE requires much
more state in the core than MLDP and I believe the trend now is to go the IP
FRR/LFA way instead of the complex MPLS-TE FRR leaving TE only for
exceptional cases where we really need to engineer traffic paths and protect
BW  or temporary solutions till core link upgrades

adam