[c-nsp] NTP on a 3750 & 2970

Steve Bertrand steve.bertrand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:46:38 EDT 2012

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if the aforementioned switches will listen for NTP
requests by default.

We have a rigid Change Management policy, and unfortunately I have no
spares for these units. I'm trying to come up with the appropriate
config so that these units both sync time off the 'net, and allow the
clients connected to them to update from them directly.

Here's what I'm thinking should do the trick, but it is unclear to me if
I need any interface specific or other global config changes to enable
client's to sync time with the switches:

conf t
clock timezone MST -7
clock summer-time MDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00
ntp server ntp.cpsc.ucalgary.ca
ntp server ntp1.cpsc.ucalgary.ca
exit
wr mem