[c-nsp] NTP on a 3750 & 2970

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:22:36 EDT 2012

Keep in mind that SNTP clients don't do the sanity checking that normal NTP
does, so an out of sync router could provide bad time to an SNTP client.
I've used a time-based ACL in the past so that if the router's clock was
before a reasonable time, it would block those packets.  I can't remember
what the time was, but most devices boot up with a date in the last century.
An ACL blocking all NTP inbound before this router hits Jan 1, 2012 is a
safe way to configure it.  This assumes your router doesn't have a calendar.

Chuck