[c-nsp] NTP on a 3750 & 2970

Steve Bertrand steve.bertrand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:17:10 EDT 2012

On 11/06/2012 10:46 AM, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> I'm just wondering if the aforementioned switches will listen for NTP
> requests by default.

Thank you everyone for all of the on and off-list replies. I've got my
answer and will be implementing tomorrow morning.

This setup is only for one of our global sites with ~60 servers and a
dozen or so switches/routers, so I don't think the load will be an
issue. If it is, I'll back out the changes and build a couple proper
FBSD NTP Blades. I may also visit the NTP broadcast config option as well.

Also, regarding the master config option, I did come across that in the
documentation early on in my research, but neither of these two units
have a free-running (internal) clock anyways.

Again, thanks!

Steve