[c-nsp] WS-X6708-10G-3C and 3CXL and SUP720-3BXL

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 17:07:24 EDT 2012

On 12 June 2012 21:55, Lee Starnes <lee.t.starnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was reading on the Cisco site that the WS-X6708-10G-3C and 3CXL are
> compatible with the SUP720-3BXL and will operate normally. I was wondering
> if anyone has done this and what the performance is like. I would hate to
> upgrade our SUPs if I don't have to as they are working just fine.

It depends on your traffic mix but mixing 3B and 3C PFCs in the same
chassis will work fine (we have this configuration no problem)

The system will operate as if only 3B is deployed so you won't get 3C
benefits (not that i think there are that many.)

You don't want to get on the upgrade treadmill - the Sup720-3B is End of
Sale so you could go VS720-10G-3C, but given the (much better) Sup-2T is
the same price, you might be tempted to go with that, but then you'd need
to upgrade your 6708 line cards, and so on and so on...

Aled