[c-nsp] VPLS and BPDU

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:44:47 EDT 2012

I haven't looks at all of the latest MEF specs myself but in reality we tunnel STP frames.  There are a couple instances where misconfigurations have led to looping which peering may have solved but we do not want to be asking customers about there STP setups and it wouldn't scale.

We do encourage customers to connect to the VPLS using L3 interfaces if they can.  However there are some folks using VPLS who actually need L2, even if a minor amount.

Phil