[c-nsp] 7204VXR NPE G1 Upgrade from 12.4 to 15.1M Issues

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Wed Jun 13 16:35:29 EDT 2012

I have a 7204VXR with NPE-G1 that is running 12.4.25f Advanced Services.
This router is acting as our main connection to the internet running
full BGP routing connected to 2 providers via ethernet.  I'm wanting to
upgrade to 15.1M Advanced Services w/ LI.  After loading the router with
IOS 15.1M, the router comes up correctly, all BGP sessions come up
correctly and the routing table looks correct.  I can ping the outside
world from the router.  When i try to access the internet from another
station, all traffic dies at this router.  I can ping all interfaces on
the router from any workstation.  I have sanitized configs for those
that would like to see them.  This is a pretty basic setup, not doing
anything fancy.  Soon as I load 12.4 back on the router and reload,
everything comes back up just fine.  Any thoughts?

--
Chris Gotstein, Network Engineer, U.P. Logon/Computer Connection U.P.
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com