[c-nsp] ip access list rfc1918 help please

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jun 24 15:02:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 02:42:04PM -0700, Mike wrote:
> 	I am trying to filter out rfc1918 addresses as either source or
> destination addresses for my pppoe connected subscribers. Each

Why not

  a) turn on uRPF filtering on the virtual-template
     ("ip verify unicast reverse")
     -> this takes care of *any* garbage source address the customer
     might send you, not just RFC1918 space  (see also BCP38).

  b) null-route the RFC1918 space
     -> this takes care of the destination addresses

that way you can get much more benefits with less effort.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de