[c-nsp] ASR-9001 IOS-XR, no image

Vinny Abello vinny at abellohome.net
Mon Jun 25 11:23:17 EDT 2012

Hello,

I recently just received a few ASR-9001 routers and was surprised to find they did not come with the required IOS-XR 4.2.1 image at all and are effectively paperweights. As far as I've determined, it seems like there might have been an error in the ordering process which omitted this. At any rate, I'm trying to get Smartnet activated on these (which was also omitted but should have been ordered) which will take some time as it has to go through my company's bid desk. In the meantime, is there any department within Cisco to whom I can speak to help resolve this just so I can get these to boot? After repeated emails and calls, I'm just told they cannot provide an image without an active service contract which I completely understand... but I'm not trying to upgrade it. I'm just trying to use it and there is only one version of IOS-XR that even runs on this. Am I just SOL until I get Smartnet in place or is there some way to remedy this through a different channel than I've tried alrea
dy?

Additionally, I see there is no ASR-9001 even listed on CCO for downloads. I assume it's the same image that the 9006 and 9010 take as those look the same.

Thanks!

-Vinny