[c-nsp] ntp

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jun 25 14:55:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 08:34:06PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 24/06/2012 18:08, chris stand wrote:
> > Let them get time from your edge device(s) and let the windows clients
> > get it from them - which I think they are already doing.
>
> I got the impression that the OP had ~10k network devices which required
> reasonably accurate time.  I.e. not client boxes.

"reasonably accurate" means different things to different people...

To an NTP geek, or someone who has to clock a synchronous network, it's
somewhere in the 10^(-6) or better range.

To someone who just wants logged timestamps with the correct day+month in,
everything that's not off by more than a few seconds is good enough... :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de