[c-nsp] ttl-security issues

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Jun 28 01:29:47 EDT 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 6:20 AM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>
>> I enabled this on one and about a minute later the bgp session dropped
>
> <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t7/feature/guide/gt_btsh.html#wp1059212>

"This feature should be configured on each participating router."

http://www.team-cymru.org/ReadingRoom/Templates/secure-bgp-template.html didn't mention it, but did have a big link to the above URL.

My apologies for the noise.  I simply skipped over one of the most important sentences in that document.

> <http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/CiscoIOSXR.html#72>
>
> <http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/protecting_bgp.html#7>
>
>> ps - what are some good references these days for overall cisco best practices in an ISP environment?
>
> <http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587053365>

I have a link to some information about protecting the management plane stuffed in a wiki TODO list somewhere, but that looks a bit more comprehensive.

Thanks to all who replied, truly appreciated.

Charles