[c-nsp] ARP behavior

Joshua Morgan joshua.morgan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:52:22 EST 2012

CEF has ARP throttling. Essentially, it installs a drop adjacency for the
host whilst it is waiting for an ARP reply from the host. So, the first
packet should result in an ARP being sent out but subsequent packets will
just be dropped.

I'm not sure of the timing of ARP throttling. That is, how long the drop
adjacency lives for. Maybe someone else can chime in about that.

Josh