[c-nsp] Cisco BPX Repairing BXM Module NVRAM

Victor Matherly vic at waveci.com
Fri Mar 2 12:11:21 EST 2012

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to repair a BPX 8620 BPX-BXM-155-8DX card that has a bad NVRAM
chip.I have successfully replaced the chip however now i need to burn the
board identification values to it. These values include the board serial
number so copying over the values from another card wont be an option.

There is an official method of doing this. When logged in as the StrataCom
user I found the command setnovram that walks me though resetting
everything. However before the changes can be written to NVRAM it asks for
a password. Has anyone on the list successfully used this command and know
the password? I have tried all system passwords (Service, SuperUser,
StrataCom) without success.

Thanks

--
Victor Matherly