[c-nsp] WS-X6704-10GE, WS-X6708-10GE

tao taosysnet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:10:09 EST 2012

2012/3/2 Łukasz Bromirski <lukasz at bromirski.net>

> On 2012-03-02 09:13, Artyom Viklenko wrote:
>
>  I'm tring to clarify my understanding of switching paths on these
>> line cards. From one point of view, Cisco docs says that if the
>> traffic should ingress via one port on the line card and then
>> should egress through another port on the same line card it will
>> never leave this line card. So it will be switched via internal
>> bus. Right?
>>

> No, and if it says so somewhere, please point it to the doc team
> to fix it.
>
> Both 6704 and 6708 have two complex of Fabric ASICs.
> The 6708 you can see on figure 21 here:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/**prod/collateral/switches/**
> ps5718/ps708/prod_white_**paper0900aecd80673385.html<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_white_paper0900aecd80673385.html>
>
> suppose there are port A and port B belong to fabric channel 1 and port C
belongs to fabric channel 2.

how does traffic pass from port A to port B  with/without DFC ?
and any difference for traffic passing from port A to port C ?

 I am wondering whether the traffic pass through switch fabric ? Is switch
fabric a passive component?

thanks.

The port mappings for Fabric ASICs should be found in the hardware