[c-nsp] access-list calling another access-list

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Mar 6 19:49:47 EST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to devise some acl's and am comming from a linux fw
background, which allowed me to split my acl's into seperate tables and
effectively call one from the other. This allowed me to have, say,
'filter everyhting going to/from rfc 1918 space', and combine that with
another table saying 'only permit SMTP to this list of servers', and
apply it to a single interface such as 'ppp0'. The point in doing so is
easier and more accurate acl management, such that you're not
replicating lines everytime you want a custom set which combines
'filters to rfc 1918 space' with something else.

I realise there's got to be a cisco way of doing this, and I'd
appreciate any pointers anyone cares to share.

Mike-