[c-nsp] Question on the Use of Policy Based Routing

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Tue Mar 6 22:24:39 EST 2012

The PBR performance on the 3K is wonderful if you only need it for a few
Mbps. I would always recommend routing over PBR, unless there is just no
other way. My house I use PBR so that certain servers return to the correct
Internet Connection Symmetrically and are NAT'd and Firewalled correctly. I
would review the management traffic requirements, and use ip local policy
route-map for that instead. Perhaps all management traffic is sourced from
the loopback, therefore the policy will only be a single /32.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com