[c-nsp] ME3600 BGP Route-Maps and IPv6 (WAS: Re: preference on bgp route advertisements)

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Wed Mar 7 23:30:16 EST 2012

No - as opposed to having no route-map matching IPv6 at all.

So, if I have a route-map that (after my correction) actually matches an
IPv6 route at the top of the route-map sequence and sets the community
value of that IPv6 matched route, then it works as expected.

If I have a route-map that parses IPv6 routes, but does not match any
IPv6 routes (no match ipv6 ... defined anywhere in any of the route-map
sequence entries) then it matches on the first _IPv4_ route map entry
and sets the community of that IPv6 route to the IPv4 match instead.
That's the bug :)

Reuben