[c-nsp] ISR C-Series

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:39:30 EDT 2012

NSP,

                Looking through some release notes for 15.1 on ISRs, and I'm
seeing references to a 'C Series' of ISRs, with names such as 2811C, 3825C,
etc.  Ran across this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2124901

Anyone have any details on these?  Were they shipped under a new part
number, or the original ones?  Since they appear to require a 15.x release,
I'm guessing they're really recent.  Does a 'sh ver' or other similar
command reference it being a 'C-Series'?  Will they not boot with a 12.x
release?  Searching around didn't find much.  Just curious if they could
have crept into my network and not have noticed it.

Thanks,

Chuck