[c-nsp] Cisco BRAS questions again

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Mar 13 21:39:30 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am now working on a 7201 trying to get all features implemented which
are important to our PPPoE termination needs. I am comming from a linux
environment which has allowed me substantial customization and although
about %85 of what we want appears easily done in the cisco world, there
still are some features I have not been able to duplicate.

* per user gateway:

	I need to be able to give different pppoe subscribers different default
gateways. I want to send their packets out somewhere other than internet
default route, under the control of radius if I can. I have been trying
to learn and in cisco parlance I think this would involve a vrf, but my
google-fu is failing me and I am not seeing any clear examples that can
help me learn this. I am fine with sending cisco-avpair attributes back
in the radius access-accept response, the question here is how do I
establish a simple vrf with a default gateway different than the
internet default, and apply it to my sessions?

* override the 'sss session' username:

	I plan on using pppoe intermediate agent based authentication and have
perl code and freeradius working together already to do this. One
problem will be, my customer CPE modems largely have '-f' as the
programmed user name, which will create some ugliness when I show sss
sessions, as all of them will be '-f'. Currently in my linux solution,
when doing pppoe intermediate agent auth, if I send back a User-name as
part of the access response, this overrides the name given during
ppp/lcp setup phases, giving me a nice handy list to refer to. Tis isn't
a show stopper but it would be great if I could override cisco's
selection this way. Otherwise, I don't see how to tell these users
apart. The sss sessions detailed output doesn't tell me what ckt id the
session is connected on, so I would have to go thru more hoops (probally
at radius accounting level) to have this info.

Thanks.

Mike-