[c-nsp] Internet inside a VRF?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 14 05:09:47 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:29:11PM -0400, Dan Armstrong wrote:
> Two reasons, the first reason is that the config is extremely
> simple, clean and difficult for a less trained provisioning guy to
> make a mistake.  With route maps, it's error prone to harmonize
> them across many boxes - and it's relatively easy for somebody to
> muck one up by accident.

I'm not exactly sure I buy the "simple and clean" argument... unless
convinced otherwise, I'd claim that the customer-facing config is about
the same complexity with and without VRFs, and the network-side is more
complicated with VRFs and MPLS.

What sort of route-maps are that, that you think need synchronizing?

(genuinely curious)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de