[c-nsp] Firewall/IPS Load Balancing

Murphy, William William.Murphy at uth.tmc.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:50:19 EDT 2012

I thought I would poll the list to solicit recommendations on how to do firewall/IPS load balancing.  I am considering a traffic distribution switch from GigaMon but I am curious what other products might be out there, or perhaps even features in Cisco 6500 product that would achieve the same result.  I am not interested in paying for full blown ADC/SLB boxes (ACE or whatever) with more features than I need, and the GigaMon approach seems like it fits that bill.  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Bill Murphy
UT Health Science Center at Houston