[c-nsp] Filtering Routes with Private AS Numbers in the AS Path

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Fri Mar 23 05:39:33 EDT 2012

Hi Nick,

Thanks very much for your thorough response and the time your put into
testing things out.  I was contemplating taking this to my lab but was
hoping there was some documentation or experiences from others that may
have helped answer things first.

Your results are interesting - I did suspect option 2 would be better
but didn't really have any idea of the numbers.  Saving time and
processing cycles on BGP routes is always good.

Interesting to see just how may routes with private AS number in their
paths are out there in the DFZ too.

Thanks

Ivan