[c-nsp] QoS on Multilink T1's.

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Fri Mar 23 18:14:21 EDT 2012

Due to the policy-map configuration and application on the multilink interface, the OP is using CBWFQ, not FIFO. And fair-queue is configured on the default traffic class as well, so I don't think what you're saying applies in this case.

Although I don't believe this is the source of the issue, I would look into also configuring interleaving and fragment-delay on the multilink interface, especially if you're running voice traffic over it. It should help to normalize jitter in certain situations.

I would also check the policy-map statistics on the multilink interface to see if it is actually doing anything and go from there. It *could* be a bug.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Fernando Atilano
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 4:22 PM
To: Joseph Mays
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] QoS on Multilink T1's.

Hi,

We had a kind of the same issue, what we did is we enabled fair queue on
the multilink interface.

By default fair queue is disabled having only FIFO to take over in theory
if only one queue is available no matter if the packets are marked as VOIP
it only as one egress queue.

hope this helps.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Joseph Mays <mays at win.net> wrote:

> The router is a 7206VXR (NPE400) running 12.3.(22). I am out of ideas as
> it stands, so I was thinking about upgrading the IOS.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Dickerson"
> <Craig.Dickerson at LogixCom.com>

*

Fernando Atilano | Engineering | TRANSTELCO
MX: +52 (656) 257 -1114 | US: +1 (915) 217- 2286
*