[c-nsp] Is Inter-AS option B supported on Catalyst 6500 SXI code?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Mar 28 12:49:45 EDT 2012

On (2012-03-27 14:00 -0400), schilling wrote:

> I am trying to have catalyst 6500 w/ sup720 3BXL with 12.2(33)SXI5 to
> support ASBR exchanging VPN-IPv4, but 6500 is not allocating labels
> for prefixes learned from eBGP over address family vpnv4.
>
> Does anybody ever have this working? Any catch?

Should work. Are you sure you were actually sending labels? 'send-label' in
route-map? Also did you enable MPLS forwarding in interface via 'mpls bgp
forwarding'

In my opinion OptionB is useless, you need OptionA if full trust lacks, and
otherwise OptC will be more convenient or just native MPLS.
RFC4364 page 32 last sentence mandates that OptB should do RPF like label
checking. This would guarantee that you only put shared customers at risk,
but as this checking is non-existing in every vendor (IOS XR supposedly is
getting it), it removes the usage case.

--
  ++ytti