[c-nsp] Spanning Tree Instances

Leigh Harrison lharrison at convergencegroup.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 09:02:25 EDT 2012

Hello all,

We have run into an issue on a 3750 switch where it has run out of spanning tree instances.

Is this a limitation of PVST or is it a limitation of the switch?  I can't seem to find good clarity anywhere.  I have some 6509's and nexus 7k's and I'm wondering if they're going to suffer from the same fate...

Leigh

Leigh Harrison, CCIE#15331

Head of Design & Infrastructure

Telephone:                                0121 711 5527
Mobile:                                      07872 811 889
Facsimile:                                  0845 270 2710
Tech Support:                            0845 270 2989
E-Mail:                                      lharrison at convergencegroup.co.uk<mailto:lharrison at convergencegroup.co.uk>
Group Website:                          www.convergencegroup.co.uk<http://www.convergencegroup.co.uk/>
Media & Broadcast Website:        www.media-net.co<http://www.media-net.co/>
Bullet Internet Website:              www.bulletinternet.co.uk<http://www.bulletinternet.co.uk/>

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and contain proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the author immediately by telephoning 0845 270 2709 or by replying to this e-mail, and then delete all copies of the e-mail on your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this e-mail and any attachment has been checked for viruses, we cannot guarantee that they are virus free and we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses. We would advise that you carry out your own virus checks, especially before opening an attachment. Convergence Group reserve the right to monitor all email communications through their internal networks. Convergence (Group Networks) Ltd - registered business in England & Wales - registered number 3815417 - registered office at One Cranmore, Cranmore Drive, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 4RZ - VAT number 787 5475 65