[c-nsp] VPN over satellite

Martin Moens Moens at carrier2carrier.com
Wed May 2 17:11:46 EDT 2012

Hi Rens,

It depends of course largely on the transmission speed you need, but most cisco device up from say an 1841 for low speed links will do quite well. The only thing you should keep in mind that the majority of the TCP enhancers cannot optimize encrypted traffic very efficiently, so you should put hem in the unencrypted part of the link, or let the optimizers do the encryption.
If you want some more info on how we are doing things like you need, you can contact me off-list (In Dutch if you wish).

Regards,

Martin