[c-nsp] 7606 to 6509 [BGP hold time issue]

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Thu May 3 11:59:43 EDT 2012

On 5/3/2012 10:13 AM, Scott Granados wrote:
> You have an MTU mismatch.:)
>
> THis is my guess anyway because it really matches closely your issue.

+1, or perhaps you have an MTU problem on the underlying transport (both
ROUTERS agree on MTU, but the underlying circuit won't pass a full-sized
packet).  Since the hellos aren't padded to full MTU, single-route
updates aren't big enough to fill a packet, etc., you don't trip the
issue unless you need to send more than about 5 routes to them (I often
saw #routes/#updates = ~5 as a customer).

pt