[c-nsp] Cisco Crashinfo file

Thomas Cooper cthomas at ca.ibm.com
Thu May 3 14:50:57 EDT 2012

This isn't necessarily true.

If you have a CCO ID with a registered service contract, you can try
throwing it in output interpreter with a "show ver" as well.
If it's SW related and there's a public bug, it can match based on the
traceback in the crashinfo file.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl

I've been able to decode quite a few crashes with this tool.
However, its certainly possible that the problem isn't so obvious.
It's probably best to open a case with Cisco TAC.

-Thomas C.

PS: Did you actually open up the crashinfo file? If its something like a
parity error, it'll say quite plainly in the syslog messages.
Also, if this is a 6500, you'll need the crashinfo from both RP and SP
(bootflash and sup-bootflash).