[c-nsp] Testing New BGP Provider

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Sun May 6 19:20:31 EDT 2012

Have them setup an additional multihop ebgp setup that you can funnel to
a disjoint route server so that you can examine what exactly is in their
full table.

Thats a good way to find the rfc1918 prefixes and customer routes and
more specific peer routes that really dont belong there.

Or even just use the multihop+connected session approach full time.

A provider willing to work with you is a cut above the rest, so now is a
good time to find out exactly how accommodating you can get them to be.

Push out only a /24 test prefix, have some test nodes running on that,
or even some "sacrificial lambs". Check and see that you can properly
withdraw the route, that it shows up (and disappears) as it is supposed to.

Use some policy to prefer some of what you are getting from them and see
how that goes.

Then normalize.

Joe