[c-nsp] Timeout value on ASA

Judith Sanders jasanders at ptci.com
Tue May 8 15:16:48 EDT 2012

I am not sure this is the group I should post, but worth a try...

I have a Cisco ASA5520-I have an established VPN with a third party vendor. We are running applications over this tunnel and experiencing timeouts. The tunnel never drops, just the application. I know that there are default timeouts set on the ASA for certain protocols, but if the tunnel is established, would it not be an application issue and not a firewall/VPN timeout issue?

Judith Sanders
Pioneer Telephone
Inside Plant Networking Services
jasanders at ptci.com<mailto:jasanders at ptci.com> 405.375.0645
"Our lives change when our habits change."
     Matthew Kelly

This email message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity  for whom it is addressed.  It
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all paper and
electronic copies of this message and its contents.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email or any file
attachments is strictly prohibited.