[c-nsp] OTV on-a-stick

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Thu May 10 14:09:12 EDT 2012

Hello group,

Anyone knows if having more than one Routing VDC is a supported deployment ?

Basically I want OTV on-a-stick like we have bellow but I want another VDC
to make use of the OTV VDC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCI/whitepa
per/DCI_1.html#wp1215970

So I would need to create a second Internal Interface connected to the new
Routing VDC and use the existing Join Interface connected to the already in
place Routing VDC. Does it work ?

In terms of configuration, it should be something like this:

interface Overlay0
  otv join-interface ethernet1/1

interface Ethernet1/1
  description Layer-3-to-Routing-VDC-1 (join interface)

interface Ethernet1/2
  description Layer2-to-Routing-VDC-1 (internal interface)
  switchport

interface Ethernet1/3
  description Layer2-to-Routing-VDC-2 (internal interface)
  switchport

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)