[c-nsp] Tuning HSRP timers for BGP routers

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:05:33 EDT 2012

Mitch,

You can deploy something like this

===========================
event manager applet cpuspike
event snmp oid "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.10.1" get-type next
entry-op  ge entry-val "50" exit-time 60 poll-interval 1
action 1.0 syslog msg "CPU Spike Detected - Please issue more
flash:cpuinfo for data"
action 2.0 cli command "en"
action 3.0 cli command "show proc cpu sort | append flash:cpuinfo"
action 4.0 cli command "show proc cpu history | append flash:cpuinfo"
action 5.0 cli command "show interface | append flash:cpuinfo"
===========================

This will poll on a 1 second interval and trigger anytime CPU is over
50 percent. After it fires it will sleep for 60 seconds before
attempting to run a second time.

Since this requires enable mode you may need to add "event manager
session cli username <username>" to the global config where the
username will be someone with the authorization to run the commands
listed.

I'd suggest double checking this OID as I think this is from a script
I used on a 6k, not for the 7200. Make sure you are using the current
CPU OID and not the 5 second CPU OID.

If you want to test it just change the "entry-val 50" to say, 1 and
run a "show tech" or anything else that would cause a small bump in
CPU and you should see it trigger.

-Pete