[c-nsp] IOS DHCP server imposing option 82 with directly connected clients?

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Mon May 14 15:22:27 EDT 2012

I've read a bunch of docs on configuring an IOS DHCP relay to impose option 82 bits, but only when it's acting as a relay, not when it's acting as a server.  Is this possible?

ie:

!
ip dhcp database tftp://192.168.66.162/lease write-delay 60
!
ip dhcp pool test
   network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.240
   default-router 10.0.0.1
   dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
!
interface vlan 100
 ip dhcp relay information option-insert
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.240
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/16
 switchport mode access
 switchport access vlan 100
 ip dhcp limit lease 1
 ip dhcp relay information option-insert
!

When I query the lease database, I don't see any of the interface specific info I'd expect to see (vlan 100 and/or Gi0/16).

Is this doable or only in DHCP relay mode?