[c-nsp] OTV on-a-stick

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Tue May 15 10:58:31 EDT 2012

You might be able to make that work in the lab, at least with 'switch trunk
allow' so that you don't bridge between the internal interfaces, and if you
make sure that you didn't have overlapping VLAN numbers to extend.

But I wouldn't consider it best practice.

The OTV VDC needs a site VLAN, which would exist on one of the L2
interfaces, but not both, thus making OTV functionality for one 'client' VDC
dependent on the life of the other. Not really where I'd want to go.

If you used a separate physical interface for the site VLAN, it would make
slightly more sense, but you'd still want to be careful with which
interfaces were allowed on the insite, and not to overlap them in the
overlay... and it's not likely to be solution tested and supported from
Cisco, I would think, which means that you should do a lot more testing
yourself.

-A