[c-nsp] Long range 10G ethernet?

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Wed May 16 20:41:17 EDT 2012

Standard cisco ZR optics (X2-10GB-ZR) should meet your needs if you can reduce the loss budget by .1 db (I am assuming the loss includes jumpers).
The average on ZR is about 26 db budget.  The minimum budget is 24 db.
The ZR optics generally work beyond the listed budget if you are ok operating 'out of spec'.

The OneX probably has a power limitation that prohibits using ER or ZR optics.
However it could just be software.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect