[c-nsp] Stacking 3750X vs diverse 4948E

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat May 19 06:32:29 EDT 2012

On 19/05/2012 09:11, Alexander Lim wrote:
> When doing IOS upgrade, you need to reboot the whole switches in the stack.

yes - and this can cause unexpectedly long outages during your maintenance
windows.  I've found the stacking to be very reliable in general, but the
upgrade hit is bad news particularly if the code upgrade includes microcode
and bootloader upgrades:

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2010-December/075697.html

Because of the hit associated with this, I've destacked several existing
stacks and am not planning to use this feature in future.  Your network
requirements may be different though.

Nick