[c-nsp] Stacking 3750X vs diverse 4948E

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 23 01:29:11 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:38:56 PM Mick O'Rourke wrote:

> The X = a Sup7 in a box.
> 55k MAC. 128k ACL.
> 60 odd etherchannels and vrfs. Same same.
>
> There was a nice thread with detail from the Cisco
> product manager here on it a while back.

And the 1U form-factor is great. Like Gert, we ignored the
typical 4500's that were chassis-based, for the very same
reasons.

The expandable modules is a little too sexy for us, but we
can live with it.

FCS is going to be a while, hence the strange pricing Ryan
may be seeing; but once it gets going, this should be less
of an issue.

Juniper's EX4500, on the other hand, is a 2U system, but
that's fine too. It's still small enough - with expandable
uplink 10Gbps uplink modules.

Mark.