[c-nsp] Juniper equivalent for Cisco Cat 6500

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 23 03:42:29 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 09:35:26 AM Andrew Miehs wrote:

> Does Juniper have a box equivalent to the Cat 6500s for
> 10G Ethernet MPLS PE layer. I am looking for
> alternatives to the 6504s for collapsed PE/CEs for a 10G
> campus Ethernet network. Unfortunately the Cat 4500s
> don't do MPLS.

The equivalent from Juniper to Cisco's 6500 is the EX8200 or
EX6200.

However, if you're looking to deploy MPLS services as well,
I'd say don't waste time with Juniper's EX switches and just
go for their MX480 or MX960 chassis'. They support typical
switching functions, but really are routers (which is what
sounds like you're doing with your 6500's).

Mark.