[c-nsp] Juniper equivalent for Cisco Cat 6500

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 23 06:32:11 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:20:29 PM Aled Morris wrote:

> If you prefer a switch to a router you could look at the
> Cisco Nexus 7k - I believe it supports MPLS now too.

I'm guessing the OP is looking MPLS merely as a transport
mechanism. I have no experience with the Nexus 7000 system
(everytime I've thought of buying it, something more
sensible has come up), but I'd hazard that the ASR9000 would
be more serice-rich than the Nexus re: IP/MPLS.

I could be wrong, of course.

Mark.