[c-nsp] Rapid-PVST and RSTP compatibility

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed May 23 13:56:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:15:55AM -0400, Covalciuc Piotr wrote:
> Now, we want to integrate in the network the DELL PowerConnect switches,

You don't want to do that.

Every time we tried to use Dell switches, we have wasted so much human
lifespan on trying to get them to work, before throwing them out in the
end...

Last time, Dull didn't even do per-vlan spanning-tree, which means you
have to either do MST, or "never use VLANs with non-identical topologies".

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de